- 1 package graham crackers
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger (or cinnamon)
- 1 stick butter, melted on medium heat
- 3x 8 oz. packages of cream cheese
- 1x 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 3 whole eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 to 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (alternatively:)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (~177 Centigrade). Set cream cheese on counter to soften at room temperature.
- Crunch up the graham crackers in the food processor until finely pulverized, then add the sugar, spice, and melted butter. Mix in food processor until thoroughly combined.
- Press down crust flat into a 9 inch springform pan, making sure to cover the bottom evenly. Set aside for later.
- In a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese with the beater/paddle attachment until smooth.Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Add in the pumpkin, eggs and yolk, sour cream, sugar, spices, flour, and vanilla. Beat together until combined well.
- Pour into the crust, then jiggle the pan to even it out and bring any air bubbles up and out. Place in oven and bake, checking on it at 50 minutes. Give the pan a little jiggle; if it's still a bit wiggly, remove from oven. Let cool for 15 minutes, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Simple Vanilla Whipped Cream
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/6 to 1/4 cup sugar
- Vanilla (just a quick shot)
- Pour cream and sugar into the bowl of your stand mixer. Using the whisk attachment, whip until good and thick (when it makes a good-sized peak when you pull the whisk out of the bowl).
- Pour into a resealable container and refrigerate.